Let’s talk about some cool Tech Hacks..
I decided to divide this post in 2 parts. each part with 50 Tech hacks. coz no one including myself wants to read so big article/post. maybe some tech hacks you know already and some are new. so here are the top tech hacks,
Top 50 tech hacks :
1) If you want to take an Instagram photo and save it to your phone without posting it, switch your phone to airplane mode.
2) Always use the custom installation option when installing software. This will show you exactly what you’re downloading and prevent you from installing unwanted toolbars, software, etc.
3) If your smart phone or tablet ever gets slow, clean the touch screen with an eye glass wipe to get the dirt and oils off.
4) Your headphones can be used as microphones if you plug them into the mic jack on your computer. This is helpful when recording lectures.
5) You can extend the length of a free trial by pushing back the date on your computer.
6) Remove negative people from your life. The people you spend time with influence your attitude, thoughts and success more than you think.
7) When you’re on the phone with tech support, don’t press any key when asked. The system will connect you with a human.
8) Hit alt and click on and any google image to have it automatically saved to your computer.
9) If you ask Siri to read a text for you and the text has Emojis she will give you a description of the Emoji for you.
10) White wine will take out a red wine stain.
11) Don’t put your feet up on a car’s dashboard. Airbags go off like small bombs and it can easily break both of your legs
12) On windows search “size:gigantic” and it will display all files on your computer >128mb. Use this to clean up space on your hard drive.
13) If you type “do a barrel roll” into your Google search, the whole page will spin. Try it!
14) The Easybib iPhone app will give you a bibliography on any book if you simply scan the bar code.
15) Save your PowerPoint presentation as a “PowerPoint Show” (.ppsx) and it will open directly to the slideshow.
16) You can search “[month] [year]” in Wikipedia to give you all the major world news for that month.
17) Need to focus on studying? Screen Time is an app that lets you limit the time you use on your iphone or ipad. Set the time, press start and when it expires it closes whatever you were doing.
18) Drinking helps fight against Radioactive Poisoning. The survivors of Chernobyl were drunk at the time!
19) You can learn Spanish, French, Italian, German and Portuguese for free on Duolingo.com
20) GymPact is an app that will pay you for working out and punishes you for missing days.
21) Walking in a scary area at night? Download a police scanner app for your phone and listen to it on full volume
22) For the best sound in a movie theater, sit 2/3 of the way back and as close to the middle as possible; this is where the audio engineer sits when they do the final mix.
23) Getting your hair and nails done has been proven to significantly treat anxiety and depression while also relieving stress.
24) Cut your pack of bacon in half for easier baking, cleaner storage, and better size for sandwich filling.
25) TheAmazingJellyfish.com takes the bioluminescent bodies of creatures that have died of natural causes and encase them in resin, thus preserving not just their bodies, but also their incredible glow-in-the-dark properties.
26) Running low on battery? Put your phone on Airplane mode and it’ll charge much faster!
27) Storing batteries in the freezer can up to double their life span.
28) You can use Google as a timer by typing “Set timer (x) minutes” into the search bar.
29) Go to youtube.com/disco and enter in an Artists name and YouTube will auto arrange a playlist based on uploads of that artist.
30) Spam texts bothering you? Forward them to 7726, your carrier will reply asking for the number it came from to help stop spam.
31) Slidejoy is an Android app that displays ads on your lock screen, this means you get paid every time you unlock your phone.
32) Using your phone while it’s charging can damage the battery. This is why the cords for chargers are so short.
33) Can’t afford Microsoft Word? Get “open office”, it’s the same thing except it’s free and has more features.
34) Drop a battery from 6 inches off the ground, if they give one small bounce and fall over they’re good. If they bounce around anymore they’re dead or almost dead.
35) If your phone battery is really low and you need it for later don’t turn it off. Instead, put it on airplane mode. Turning it off and on will waste more battery life.
36) If you mess up a voicemail to someone, press “#” to erase and re-record.
37) If you have a computer that blocks sites such as YouTube, Google Chrome’s incognito mode will let you access them.
38) If you want to download a Youtube video, just add “ss” to the URL between www. and Youtube.
39) If a Duracell battery leaks, and destroys one of your devices, the company will replace the device if it’s sent to them with the defective batteries still in place.
40) FutureMe.org lets you send letters to yourself in the future
41) Dial the French button when calling customer support. They always speak good English and you won’t have to wait.
42) If you search “do the harlem shake” on YouTube the page itself will do the harlem shake.
43) Refreshing Pandora will change the song without using any of your skips.
44) Instead of “Ctrl, Alt & Del”, press “Ctrl, Shift and Escape” to get straight to the task-manager in Windows.
45) If you download a “PDF” file and you see it ends in “exe” delete it. It’s usually a virus.
46) On Nickreboot.com you can continuously stream 90’s cartoons for free.
47) Tired of the tiny Youtube player when using a 20+ inch monitor? Simply hold ctrl and scroll out (or ctrl and minus key) to increase the player size.
48) A lot of automated answering systems are programmed to recognize swearing, and dropping an F-bomb or two can get you right to a human.
49) If you play YouTube videos through Safari you can still listen to them with your phone’s screen turned off.
50) To get explicit tracks on iTunes Radio: play any station, click the “I” in the top center and turn explicit tracks on.
I hope guys you like the first par of Tech Hacks. I will post part 2 very soon.